What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Have you ever wondered how you would look with straight teeth and a beautiful smile?
Invisalign uses 3D computer imaging technology that allows you to preview your results and treatment plan virtually before you start your treatment!
iTero® digital impressions is a digital scanner that produces radiation-free 3D digital images of your mouth used to create perfectly fitted Invisalign trays, just for you. The procedure is comfortable, fast and accurate.
Then, a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth — and your teeth only — to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved. Your Invisalign treatment time will be determined by your doctor based on your specific needs.
Who can benefit from Invisalign?
Adults and teens can benefit from an improved smile with Invisalign, without interfering with a busy lifestyle.
Will Invisalign fit my lifestyle?
- Hungry? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- Brush and floss regularly? Yes, you can remove your aligners to brush and floss to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Special night out? You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners and enjoy a special night out.
- There’s no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
- Playing sports? Falling or getting hit in the head or mouth with metal on your teeth can really hurt and cause injury to your mouth, and your braces. And, a traditional mouth guard doesn’t fit well over metal braces, so you may need a custom-fitted mouth guard at an extra expense. With Invisalign, simply remove your tray and use a regular mouth guard.
- Be yourself with Invisalign aligners. Since they are clear there is no need to you hide your smile while going through treatment.
- Photos? it’s easy to make your smile picture perfect for that special occasion.
- Invisalign appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
- Improved oral health, less tooth decay from crooked, difficult to clean teeth and less risk of gum disease
- Better overall health
- Improved biting and chewing mean you can eat a normal diet and experience better digestion
- Reduced risk of grinding teeth and better jaw joint health
- Clear, invisible and most people won’t notice you’re wearing them
- Enhanced confidence
- Improved smile
- Gentle and effective, fast and convenient, clear and inconspicuous
- No brackets, no wires, and none of the restrictions that come with metal braces.
- You’ll spend less time in the doctor’s chair, and more time out doing the things you love.
How long is Invisalign treatment?
Results occur gradually. Our patients report noticing changes at around three months from starting treatment. Total treatment time averages between 9-15 months, and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30. But length of treatment and the results depend on your specific needs, and whether you wear the aligners as instructed.
Is the Invisalign safe?
Yes, the aligners are made of flexible plastic created exclusively for Invisalign treatment. They are FDA approved and contain no BPA, BPS, latex or gluten. They are thin, clear, and fit snugly.
Does Invisalign hurt?
You may experience some mild discomfort, soreness and pressure in your jaw bone, as your teeth move. Some patients report that they have a slight lisp when first starting out.
What are Invisalign buttons?
Invisalign buttons are attachments that are temporarily bonded to your teeth to allow the use of elastic bands to assist in moving the teeth.
What are Invisalign attachments?
Attachments are temporarily bonded to your teeth with white filling material and serve as anchors so some teeth can be moved while others are held in place.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are clear, making Invisalign a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others. Invisalign aligners are also removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatment does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth. In addition, you’ll spend less time in the doctor’s chair and scheduling appointments, and more time out doing the things you love. Lastly, Invisalign’s technology allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so that you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.